Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
6-month $50,000+ CD rate: 4.34% APY
6-month $1,000 - $49,999 CD rate: 4.08% APY
Some things are best left alone — like a sleeping grizzly bear. The same goes with savings. Earn greater rates with CDs simply by leaving the principal untouched for the length of the term.
Unlike the grizzly, there's no risk involved with CDs. The rate is locked and there's no way you can lose money. MountainCrest Credit Union offers bump-up and add-on features to make it easy to earn even more.
- Fixed rates, higher than regular savings
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- Dividends compounded daily, paid monthly
- Provides more guarantee than other risky investments
- A wide range of terms available (from 6 months to 5 years)
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Bump rate feature available
- Add-on feature available
- Jumbo certificates available
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty
- $1,000 minimum deposit to open
- $100 minimum deposit to open for minors
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
As a not-for-profit, member-owned credit union, our mission is to improve your financial wellbeing. (Compare that to a bank's mission, which is to earn profits off you.) To help you earn even more, we offer the following premium features on our CDs.
Bump Rate Feature
CD rates are locked, guaranteeing your return even if rates go down. But rates do go up too. This feature allows you to capitalize when they do. If our CD rates go up during your term, the rate may be bumped up, at your request, to the higher rate for the remainder of the term.
The Bump Rate Feature is available on MCCU 12-month CDs and may be utilized once during the term. Rate may not be bumped to a promotional rate made available in special offers. Jumbo CDs are not eligible for Bump Rate.
Our Add-On Feature allows you to add funds to your existing CDs with a term of 12 months or less. Most financial institutions do not allow this feature. But if you want to save more and earn more, who are we to say no to that?
Minimum add-on deposit is $100. Total add-on deposits may not exceed the original opening balance. The rate will remain the same until maturity, regardless of add-on deposits. Jumbo CDs are not available for Add-On Feature.