MountainCrest Credit Union Security Commitment
At MountainCrest Credit Union, we're committed to protecting your privacy and security. Please know that we will never solicit your credit union account number, debit card number, Personal Identification Number (PIN), VISA card number, log-in credentials, Social Security Number or any other sensitive information from you via email or phone.
If you receive a phone call or e-mail requesting this information, please do not give it out, Rather, call us to report the incident and ensure your account remains safe.
What is "Phishing?"
"Phishing" refers to a person or group of cyber-criminals who create an imitation or copy of an existing legitimate Web page to trick users into providing sensitive personal information. Responding to "phishing" emails puts your accounts at risk.
MCTeller Online Banking Security
In order to keep your online banking experience as secure as possible, we have a security feature called Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). MFA provides a secret image that is personalized by you. In addition, we have an extra layer of security behind the scenes which may prompt you to verify your identity before continuing to log into the system or complete a transaction. You will be prompted to choose "challenge questions" upon your initial login that only you know the answers to. If the system detects activity that appears to be unusual or uncharacteristic of your typical behavior, it will ask you to answer one of your challenge questions.
Whenever you log on to your MCTeller account, the system will display the secret image you selected. When you see the image you can feel confident that you are accessing our site and not an imposter site.
If you have any questions about the security of your account please contact us.
Prevention Starts with You
We recommend that you take several precautions to help prevent the compromise of your MCTeller Online Banking account.
- Install anti-virus software and anti-malware programs on your computer
- Stay current with your computer's operating system, which may contain updates and patches to close security loopholes
- Be diligent in tracking your transactional activity and reporting of suspicious activity
- Frequently change passwords associated with MCTeller Online Banking and MCMobile Banking login screens
- We encourage you to change your MCTeller Online Banking Login ID from your account number to a login of your choice
- Limit access to your MCTeller Online Banking account to yourself