COVID-19 Awareness and Information
We are here to help: Member Assistance
If you are experiencing financial hardships due to the current crisis, please reach out to us for assistance at 360-435-5400
- Members with loans may be eligible to skip their payments for free. We are waving the usual fee during the pandemic crisis. Please contact us for more information.
- Members with a Visa may be eligible to skip May and June payments. Your statement will show a minimum payment due of "none" if so, you may skip your payment with no fee, no need to contact us.
Emergency Relief Loan
To help cover emergency expenses we are offering an Emergency Relief Loan:
- Borrow up to $2,500.00
- 2.99% apr for the life of the loan
- No payment for up to 90 days
2.99% apr Visa Balance Transfer
Use your credit card to consolidate your payments or to transfer your higher rate credit card balances. 2.99% apr for 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Plus, you will receive double ScoreCard Reward points for the transfer amount. You may contact us, or log into Online Banking choose Visa EZcard/Account Services/Balance Transfer.
Be aware of fraud schemes and scams
MountainCrest will never solicit your credit union account number, debit or credit card number, PIN number, log-in credentials, Social Security Number or any other sensitive information from you via email or phone. If you receive a phone call or e-mail requesting this information, please do not give it out. If you are unsure whether a message you are receiving is legitimate, please reach out to us.
The FBI is reporting an uptick in the number of fraud schemes related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The FBI advises people to be on the lookout for the following:
- Fake CDC emails: Watch out for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or organizations claiming to offer information about the virus. Do not click on any links or attachments you do not recognize. Also, be wary of websites and apps claiming to track COVID-19 cases worldwide.
- Phishing emails: Emails asking you to verify personal information in order to receive an economic stimulus check are likely fake and looking to steal your personal information. Government agencies are not sending unsolicited emails seeking private information in order to send you money. Phishing emails may also claim to be related to charitable contributions, general financial relief, airline carrier refunds, fake cures/vaccines, and fake testing kits.
- Counterfeit treatments or equipment: Be cautious of anyone selling products that claim to prevent, treat, diagnose, or cure COVID-19. Also, be aware of counterfeit products for sanitizing and personal protective equipment.
- Fraudsters impersonating the IRS: The IRS will not call or text you to verify information in order to receive a federal stimulus check. For more information from the IRS click here>
Update: Effective March 18, 2020
Branch operations are temporarily moving to drive-up only. Our call center will continue to be available during regular business hours.
After serious consideration, and review of the latest information from the CDC and the Governor's Office, we have made the decision to temporarily move our branch operations to drive-up only.
If a situation calls for direct interaction with a staff member, or you need to access your safety deposit box, please contact us and we will make an appointment.
March 9, 2020
With the coronavirus (COVID-19) becoming more active in our area, we want to reassure you that MCCU is following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to appropriately respond to this potential public health threat.
Our plan is to maintain a safe environment for members who visit our branches, and we expect to keep regular business hours at our locations and Call Center. In the event we do need to adjust our hours or close a location, we will provide notice via our website.
Online, Mobile, and Telephone Banking remain available for members. Visit our Account Services page for additional details.
Both branches have a night-drop where you can drop off deposits or payments. You can also get cash with free access at up to 30,000 CO-Op network ATMS. Learn more here.
We encourage you to follow the CDC's recommendations for preventing the spread of this and other infectious viruses including regularly washing your hands and staying home if you are ill.
If you need to contact a MCCU representative, please call 877-601-0000. You may also send us a secure message using Messages in MCCU Online Banking.